- Home /
- Fitting Mdf treads
- Stair Parts
- Staircase Manufacturer
- Staircase Design & Design Ideas
- High Quality Staircases
- Oak Staircases
- Wooden Stairs
- Curved Stairs
- Glass Staircases
- Space Saver Stairs
- Stair Spindles
- Stair Treads
- Stair Risers
- Stair Stringers
- Newel Caps
- Newel Posts
- Fusion Range Of Staircases
- Wall Mounted Handrails
- Tongue & Groove Boarding
- Barrier & Handrail System
Fitting MDF Treads
When a staircase arrives from Pear Stairs, the winder on a staircase has been disassembled.
The straight legs of our staircase remain assembled.
This will allow you to manoeuvre the staircase through the front door to its correct position.
If you have ordered MDF treads for the winder box then you must NOT use standard wood screws.
Using normal screws designed for Hard or Softwood can cause the MDF to bulge and eventually split.
For MDF treads and risers, a slightly different approach is needed.
No pre-drilled holes are needed for MDF, as it is recommended to use special MDF screws.
These have the added benefit of not splitting the MDF board, as can occur when drilling pilot holes or using unsuitable screws.
The secret of the MDF screw lies in its structure; a serrated thread means it cuts cleanly through the board without bulging or splitting the wood:
Pear stairs sell a number of products to finish your staircase.
Remember if you have questions don't hesitate to phone us about your staircase finish.
We are a friendly company, phone Pear Stairs on 01938 553311.
- The Power of Feature Steps on a Staircase
- Wooden External Staircase Design; Durable & Affordable
- Affordable & Reliable Home Staircases, Available For Delivery Throughout The Mainland UK
- White Primed, or White Painted Staircases In The Modern Home
- Bespoke Staircase Stringers Define Your Staircase Profile
- Modern Staircase For A Modern Home
- How To Maximise Space With Your Staircase
- Winders, Z-Shaped & T-Shaped Stairs; Create The Staircase Around Your Needs
- Smart Grey Colour Scheme Provides Contrast and Impact For Staircase
- Richard Burbidge Stair Parts; A Source Of Creativity On The Pear Stairs Store