- Home /
- Fitting Mdf treads
- Stair Parts
- Staircase Manufacturer
- Staircase Design & Design Ideas
- High Quality Staircases
- Oak Staircases
- Wooden Stairs
- Curved Stairs
- Glass Staircases
- Space Saver Stairs
- Stair Spindles
- Stair Treads
- Stair Risers
- Stair Stringers
- Newel Caps
- Newel Posts
- Fusion Range Of Staircases
- Wall Mounted Handrails
- Tongue & Groove Boarding
- Barrier & Handrail System
Fitting MDF Treads
When a staircase arrives from Pear Stairs, the winder on a staircase has been disassembled.
The straight legs of our staircase remain assembled.
This will allow you to manoeuvre the staircase through the front door to its correct position.
If you have ordered MDF treads for the winder box then you must NOT use standard wood screws.
Using normal screws designed for Hard or Softwood can cause the MDF to bulge and eventually split.
For MDF treads and risers, a slightly different approach is needed.
No pre-drilled holes are needed for MDF, as it is recommended to use special MDF screws.
These have the added benefit of not splitting the MDF board, as can occur when drilling pilot holes or using unsuitable screws.
The secret of the MDF screw lies in its structure; a serrated thread means it cuts cleanly through the board without bulging or splitting the wood:
Pear stairs sell a number of products to finish your staircase.
Remember if you have questions don't hesitate to phone us about your staircase finish.
We are a friendly company, phone Pear Stairs on 01938 553311.
- 5 Reasons to Go for a White Primed Staircase
- Painted Central Runner; A Stylish Addition to a Painted White Primed Staircase
- Top Modern Balustrade Trend; Glass Panel Balustrades
- Staircase Spotlight: Oak Staircase with Stacked Newel Posts
- Top 3 Tips for Making a Modern Rustic Timber Staircase
- From the Anvil, Hammered Ironmongery Collection; Stylish with a Subtle Rustic Charm
- Delivering Quality in Quantity; Oak Staircases for a West London Housing Project
- 3 Design Features To Make Your Staircase Stand Out
- 3 Things You Can Never Do With a Public Staircase
- Explore A Dream Home: GDImpact 3D Tour With a Bespoke Pear Stairs Staircase