- Home /
- Fitting Mdf treads
- Stair Parts
- Staircase Manufacturer
- Staircase Design & Design Ideas
- High Quality Staircases
- Oak Staircases
- Wooden Stairs
- Curved Stairs
- Glass Staircases
- Space Saver Stairs
- Stair Spindles
- Stair Treads
- Stair Risers
- Stair Stringers
- Newel Caps
- Newel Posts
- Fusion Range Of Staircases
- Wall Mounted Handrails
- Tongue & Groove Boarding
- Barrier & Handrail System
Fitting MDF Treads
When a staircase arrives from Pear Stairs, the winder on a staircase has been disassembled.
The straight legs of our staircase remain assembled.
This will allow you to manoeuvre the staircase through the front door to its correct position.
If you have ordered MDF treads for the winder box then you must NOT use standard wood screws.
Using normal screws designed for Hard or Softwood can cause the MDF to bulge and eventually split.
For MDF treads and risers, a slightly different approach is needed.
No pre-drilled holes are needed for MDF, as it is recommended to use special MDF screws.
These have the added benefit of not splitting the MDF board, as can occur when drilling pilot holes or using unsuitable screws.
The secret of the MDF screw lies in its structure; a serrated thread means it cuts cleanly through the board without bulging or splitting the wood:
Pear stairs sell a number of products to finish your staircase.
Remember if you have questions don't hesitate to phone us about your staircase finish.
We are a friendly company, phone Pear Stairs on 01938 553311.
- Smart and Creative Bespoke Balustrade Design
- Osmo Wood Wax & Oils; Ideal for Your Staircase
- Paddle Stairs; Save on Space with Your Staircase
- Pear Stairs; Creators of Bespoke Splayed Staircases
- Make a Statement with Curved Stairs from Pear Stairs
- Plas Yn Dinas, Ready to Reopen With Protective Screens from Pear Stairs
- Affordable Commercial Staircase by Pear Stairs
- Versatile Barrier Handrail Systems at Pear Stairs
- Don't Pause Your Staircase Project; Pear Stairs in the Pandemic
- Wooden Staircase Design; Making The Most of The Colour & Texture